Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where's That Riff From???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rickbass, Jun 18, 2003.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Heard that bass riff from Pink's "Feel Good Time" (Charlie's Angels Movie Theme) long ago somewhere like on a "Traffic" album. Always thought it was a beautiful bass line in its simplicity.

Can anyone tell me where I heard it years ago??? Thanks much if you can....time to learn it after all these years for a setlist.....(Boplicity?, JimK?)

Here's a Realplayer link to the music/video if you haven't heard it.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/CharliesAngelsFullThrottle/Video/FeelGoodTimeVidFull.ram

2. The song is called Fresh Garbage by Spirit.

3. rickbass

Thanks, Gruff!!!!.....that's sounds right....time to grab my old Spirit vinyl and my Akai Deep Impact.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Gruffs is f-ing amazing...

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    To save you time in looking for which album it's on, Fresh Garbage is on the first Spirit album. The cover uses pieces of each member's face to make one face.

6. rickbass

I find it hard to believe with your encyclopedic knowledge, Jim.

Do you dig the bass line or no??? I find it "seductive." But with your knowledge, you may have found Spirit derived it from someone else

7. I have had some great conversations with Jim.
    We would probally make a good database team but there would have to be about five people to fill the gaps. Jim has the inside and I can get some of the way outside.
    To much great music to suck up by yourself.

And I love that bassline.
    Totaly unnoticed band.

How about The Amboy Dukes, there is some unnoticed bass and a real cocky young Ted Nugent.
    Or The Nazz, Sweet, T-Rex.
    Most can name the hits but how about the great lines that were not in the hits.