Where's the best place to buy pickups online?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by handlax14, Sep 8, 2002.

1. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    its just that. where's the best place to buy pickups online? i think im looking for emg's and barts.

also if i was looking to add a bridge pickup to my bass, how would i go about hooking it up? i know about having to rout the space but then how do i connect the wiring?
  2. Barts seem to be best found at Bass Central or ebay.

The wiring question needs to know what kind of bass and electronics you have ( active or passive)

Let us know what you got.

If you need a recomended luthier in CT let me know
  3. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    im playing trough a yamaha RBX260 and im looking to add a seymour Duncan3 qtr. pdr. neck p, and im thinking a carvin H4 as the bridge. would this work and how would i wire this? its a passive bass.
  4. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    and yes i think that at this point if you know a good bass technition in ct around the shoreline new haven area that would be great. thanx
  5. I have used the guy at Milford music. Had good results. Mike is the manager of the store, I don't know the luthier.

East Coast Music has a great tech as well.

I haven't had anything done thru G Guitars in NH.

A friend of mine has all of his stuff done in branford/north haven. Says that guy is good. If you want I can get you his name.

Pbass and a MM pick up. Awesome tone possibilities.

The wiring is simple, 1 or 2 volume knobs, tone knob.

Or 1 volume, 1 pick up pan, one tone.

If your bass looks like the one in the picture attached I would recomend moving the input jack to the side and using that spot for the second volume pot.
  6. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Tell me how the changes turn out. I also have an Rbx260. I think the RBX260 is a darn good sounding bass for the price and would love to change out the pick ups and pots. Plus the feel of the Rbx260 is pretty nice with a fast neck. :)
  7. Talk to John Wymore for Duncans. I buy from John, and he is a stand-up guy, ships immediately from his in-house stock, and is very competitively priced.

I bought my DiMarzios from Musician's Friend. They had the best price I could find using a search engine, for the Model J. I bought the DM Will Power Middle from them because they gave me good service on the Model J, and they had a good price. The Will Power Middles were a special order item.