1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where's the G&L sub-forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by FlabbaFan, Oct 2, 2009.

1. FlabbaFan

FlabbaFan

Dec 8, 2004
    Just glancing around and I no longer see this sponsored forum here at talkbass. Is it going away or am I still bleary-eyed having just woken up?

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    It seems that they do not offer sponsership anymore.
    Even the sticky in the Basses forum with the link is gone.

Too bad. It's just business I guess.

While on the subject:
    There is one negative aspect about a sponsored forum for a brand or builder.
    There is mostly only traffic from owners of that brand, and I guess it's hard to get new people interested.

For example, I own a Roscoe and hang around in the Roscoe forum.
    If I make a thread about my bass in the Roscoe subforum mostly other Roscoe owners will interact in it, while those other bassist play different bands, genres,....
    If the same thread is placed in the basses forum more people get to see it, and more people will say: "hey, I never considered a Roscoe until I read this thread."

Same thing with the G&L subforum.
    A while ago I was interested in one. Didn't stumbled upon many G&L threads in the basses section, and I didn't wondered off regular to the sponsored forum.

I do love the Roscoe subforum. :) Nice regulars... it's more like a clubhouse.
    But everyone, come check it out.
    [/advertisement] :ninja:

All IME and IMO.

3. pkmoor

pkmoor

Jun 4, 2009
    Maple Glen, PA
    What happens to all of the useful information that was in that forum?

4. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
  5. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
    Hmm...bummer. Looks like all of the "reply" buttons are gone in the G&L Forum.

Yo, Moderators - what gives?:eyebrow:

6. pkmoor

pkmoor

Jun 4, 2009
    Maple Glen, PA
    Yes - no replies, no new threads. If it's gone because they are no longer a sponsor, then so be it. I'm more concerned with what happens to the old posts (since I'm a new G&L owner).

7. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
    So, the G&L Forum disappears, someone hits the GuitarsByLeo forum with an false alert spoofed email saying that forum is going away and moving to a "Fender" one in Eastern Europe, and G&L actually updates their home page (removing the memorial to George Fullerton)...

All on the same day????

Something is up .

8. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    NOOOOOOOOOO!

:scowl: :crying: :mad:

Can't it be archived?

9. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I too would like to know about the old posts that were, and are full of useful info.

10. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
  11. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
  12. pkmoor

pkmoor

Jun 4, 2009
    Maple Glen, PA
    They are still there, but it would be nice to have some sort of official link for those who might be looking. Also, an official explanation would be nice too.

13. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    There's an announcement stickied to the top of the G&L Forum, with all that I know. I'll leave it up (closed) with the announcement for a while...

14. pkmoor

pkmoor

Jun 4, 2009
    Maple Glen, PA
    Thanks, Paul. Will there be any sort of link made available to make it easy to get to the archived forum for information?

15. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I've updated the announcement after getting some more details from David@BBE. He apologizes to all the G&L fans for the forum closure, and hopes to have it back up in the "near future" pending ad dept restructuring. I'll be leaving the forum up for some time (although closed), and will not delete the threads pending the return of the forum...

16. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Oct 10, 2008
    Canada eh
    Thanks!

I hope it comes back!