1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where's the kitchen sink???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaybones, Dec 17, 2017.

1. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Got this listing sent to me from a fellow bass playing buddy.

7 string, Bartolini style pups (whatever that means) and onboard effects.

IMG_0252[1].PNG

Garret Graves likes this.
  2. How does an instrument collect dust if it's in a case?

JRA, JGbassman, allenhumble and 10 others like this.
  3. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Didn't take it so literally. Probably meant that it was sitting around unused.

Mr.Ace likes this.
  4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Weight?

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Always amazing what weird basses you can find. My soundman gave me a bass to check out, with the following:

- fretless, with fretlines every quarter step (alternating black and white) - must have been done to play eastern music
    - built in synthesizer
    - piezzio pup along with two magnetic pups
    - active EQ
    - E and A strings were tapes, D and G round wounds

It actually played nice, but just too weird and complex for me.

6. It means they sound Italian.

JRA, Frontporch, mikeyjm2 and 13 others like this.
  7. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Pretty sure this was picked up on radar, flying somewhere between the red and orange spectrum of color...

8. It doesn't matter what wood its made of. That thing is a hollow body!

9. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    What a mess.

10. Florinda4

Florinda4 Supporting Member

yeesh... so many strings and gidgets and gadgets... I have enough trouble on my hands with 4 strings and two knobs.

11. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It should have a built in patch bay in case you want to change the order of the effects.

12. I like the way you think.

LYNCHMAN and Old Blastard like this.
  13. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    As I have gotten older, I have decided that SIMPLICITY IS BEST. Simplicity is beautiful, simplicity is elegant, simplicity is efficient, simplicity has staying power.

That bass is a recipe for equipment failure, is probably heavy and not elegant or good for a wide variety of situations...what a complicated bass!

Give me a simple 4, 5, or 6 string with passive electronics, a solid input jack and a symmetrical body that will stay put on any kind of stand over any complicated body with over the top electronics any day!

JRA, design, Whil57 and 6 others like this.
  14. Yeah! That proves it, it's a scam!! :laugh:

15. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Elitist Jazz Snob ******** Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shelter Island, NY USA
    just buy a piano

JRA, Booty Shaman and LowActionHero like this.
  16. On board effects: I'm glad to see someone finally adressed the issue of being able to switch effects on or off with your feet while your hands are busy playing.

17. The crazy thing? Couple years from now, in some neglected corner of the NAMM Show, the owner of this beast will be there along with some poor 'luthier' who custom-built the Mk 2 version of this for him, both wondering why they're not getting any more pub than they are . . . . . .

Zane DeBord likes this.
  18. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    The case has a built-in dust generator that operates on a 9-volt battery. You can choose what kind of dust you want - generic dust, grit, ash, or the ever-popular animal hair and dander - but you cannot select what order you want them in.

19. BassUrges

BassUrges

Mar 14, 2016
    Denver
    I presume he means as a hobby.

Not sure about this “room temperature” thing, myself. I keep my instruments in one of those weird wine fridges for optimum playability.

20. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Wow. It kind of reminds me of an ad I saw in a bass magazine in the early 1990's. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the bass, but the ad showed a a fairly contemporary-shaped bass with multi-FX built in. There was a digital LCD screen on the side/upper horn to view banks and patches, and a selection of buttons and knobs near it to tweek the settings.