Where's the scam?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kurt Hans, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Kurt Hans

Kurt Hans

Mar 17, 2005

Ok, this seems like a scam. I imagine they get your $40 and then they're done with you. Has anybody had any experience with anything similar? I figured you guys would be a good bunch to ask, considering how many mail order scams you guys have to put up with selling gear online.
  2. it is a scam. my friend tried one of those while we were in highschool. you might as well send me the $40... i'd at least thank you for it.
  3. Any "Job" that asks you for money to work for them is a scam. They say they can't hire something to stuff their envelops because it puts a great strain on thier budget. Yet, Shipping materials to some stranger they don't even know will do their work, and paying them $4 an envelop to mail thier stuff sounds a lot more expensive to the company, don't you think?
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've been told that you send in the money and they send you a page of instructions on how to put the very same ads in the paper on how to make money stuffing envelopes from home. get it?

brad cook
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmm...perhaps we could start one of these here at TalkBass. My name will be at the top of the list. Everyone send me $25, and I'll let you know how it works.