1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where's your best place for selling gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hrodbert696, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Talkbass classifieds

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Craigslist (or local equivalent)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. EBay

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Amazon (or similar online seller)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Trade it in at a local music or pawn shop

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Other (explain in post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey y'all, haven't seen anyone post on this in a while, so I was wondering what people's experiences have been with selling gear. Where do you find a buyer the easiest, feel that you get the best deal as a seller, all that? I ask because I've had recent experiences all over the place. I listed three pieces of gear - two basses and a pedal - on CL and the TB classifieds. The pedal sold over TB, one bass wound up traded via CL. The other bass sat around forever so I listed it on Amazon (I sell my used books there a lot), and that wound up being where it sold. I haven't tried selling over ebay so curious how those experiences have been.

2. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    eBay has a huge audience, so I have the best luck selling gear there. TB is great as well, but if things linger here too long, I just list it on eBay and it usually sells there. I haven't had a ton of luck selling on CL, this could be due to my location outside of the city, or it could just be due to CL flakes.

3. Agree with MarTONEbass, can't go wrong with eBay