Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wherrrrrrrrrrre's The Beef??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LoJoe, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Damn. mmmmm nothin' like eating humans :eyebrow:

Ray

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Between Wendy's buns, as I remember.

I don't even want to think about all the things that DON'T get found in people's fast food (i.e. is there but unknowingly gets eaten).

3. ok i just discussed this finger thing with some friends and by all means i am not a CSI addict or anyhting... but i do have a theory! First off how the hell can one just lose a finger and not notice??? if it was an employee there, well it is just quite obvious also any employee knows if you lose an apendage at work you will get probably a good pay off from the company, so there for it leaves the question where did this finger come from????? Well knowing that most fast foods go through tons of processing, and knowing a friend who works at a wendy's that the chilli comes already prepared. My theory is that someone thought it was a good idea to dispose of a dead body in the processors! a pinky can be around the diameter of a kidney bean, so it could be possible that it slipped through and didn't get all chopped up! whats next?!?! a toe next week???

4. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    Someone probably lost a finger from some kind of machinery at the chili manufacturer, and they couldn't find it. But they couldn't trash the whole batch of chili, as that would lose too much profit. :scowl:

5. hmmm well there you go being all practicle! My friend thought the same thing, but my theory tends to be entertaining. Which tho this is quite a disgusting, and sad topic still raises some really strange questions about losing fingers!

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    "Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd..."

7. Talk about giving someone the finger!

8. *ahem*

Soylent Green is people! :D

My apologies.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Thank you, that was the first laugh I've had all day!!! I needed that!!!!

10. Glad I could help.

11. My girlfriend figured this might be a scam....after all, as pointed out earlier, what worker could lose a finger and not notice? So somebody gets a finger from a morgue or funeral home, and drops into their own chili salad or whatever it was, then start screaming!!! Oh the emotional distress!!! Send a lawyer, I'm gonna sue!!

A couple tried to pull something similar with Cracker Barrel, I believe, only they tried some type of bug or critter. Fortunatley some good detective work figured out their scam, and THEY got busted.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    So yeah my buddy works down the street from that Wendy’s...

day it happen... probably hour before that his boss bought chili from that Wendy’s... they were seating and eating it while TV was talking about that Wendy’s...

Fun day... TV was there for ever... I bet its going to end up to be a carrot... i would think if worker lost a finger it be reported missing by now...

Cheers

13. The finger was manicured. :ninja:

Intriguing, indeed.

14. The person who found the finger is going to be a celebrity for the rest of their life!

Hey, the woman who "found" a syringe in her Diet Pepsi works at a university bookstore around here!

15. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    IIRC, it was a mother & son who tried to scam Cracker Barrel with the ol' mouse in the soup.
    The detective work was outta CSI; apparently, the mouse's lungs were not cooked...so it must have been added to the soup after the fact.

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Is there a print on the pinky?
    Can this person be ID'd?

Soylent Green...good one, Tim.

Definition of gross: Biting into a hotdog & seeing a vein.

"It's a Cook Book"!!!!
    ...was that The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone?

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You guys are good. I just now heard about this, and came to TB to start a thread on it. I usually consider myself to be on top of current news like this.

Another good reason for me to stay out of fast food restaurants. I wonder how many times people eat something in their fast food that wasn't supposed to be there.

-Mike

18. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I can't remember which show it was on, but the book's name was "To Serve Man". :D

[Edit]
    Just did a quick Google on To Serve Man and it looks to be a Twilight Zone episode. It was the first & second result too!

19. Oh, I get it! Aha!
    That's like trying to get free beer from a brewery for finding a mouse in a beer bottle.
    [​IMG]