Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whew! It's done!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well, we just back from from LA, and the video is done! :hyper: First I wanna thank Brian from the Lowend for lending me a Lake Placid blue Lowend jazz 5 for the video, and I wanna thank DHL FOR NOT DELIVERING IT! :mad: He arranged to have it delivered on Friday for the Sunday shoot, and they delivered it on Monday, AFTER we'd already checked out! Anyway, I chose Mama ('83 P) for the shoot, and she was spectacular. It was great to meet Gabu, and a hoot to see him dressed as a gang member! He was great! The women! Oh the women! :bassist: We had supermodel Beverly Peel for the shoot, and she was a great sport, plus we got to keep about 2 grand worth of free clothes! God, I love this job! Did I mention the women? :D It took about 14 hours to complete, and I also want to thank the people who were kind enough to let us use their home. I mentioned the women, right? Once they seperated the actual artists from the extras, it was a whole new ballgame, but all in all, everyone was professional. Gabu, the gang look works for you! Email me your addy. Thanks for everything big guy! BTW, this thing should be on MTV, Fuse, M2, etc. starting in mid January.

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Good for you Chuckster, Watch out for thoose hoochies!
    Oh by the way, did your choice of the P-bass have anything to do with the last E-mail you sent me?

3. Wow. Very very cool. Congrats! What song is it for? Is it one you can get offa your site?

Can't wait to see it, and see you thumpin! Oh, and the ladies... :bassist:

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Nah, Mama's got tenure! She deserved it. She was going to be in it, regardless, even if it was just on a stand.

Mon: It's for "Suburb Thuggin". You can hear it on the site.

5. NICE! I really liked that cut...good stuff. :bassist:

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hey Wood!

How was your flight? The shoot was fun. Definately reinforces the fact that musicians really do work for a living. ;) That guy who was directing was really nice, trying to get everyone in the video as much as possible. Actually everyone I chatted with was cool.

I will PM ya with my info. Oh, my wifey shot some pix of me in my getup, doing some 'hardcore' moves... so I will shoot those over to ya too. :eyebrow: :hyper: :eyebrow:

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    You should post that pic!

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Id love to see the video but the chances of me actually catching it are slim since I dont watch MTV. Either way, that pretty fricken awesome to hear you guys are doing so good.

9. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Well, here they are. Ay, caramba!! :help:

Attached Files:

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    The nicely kept house in the background isn't selling the whole "Hard Core" thing very well ;)

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...I was about to say that the vacuum cleaner right behind you didn't help your "cred"...

;)

...'chuck, good on ya!

:D

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I'm pretty sure there are some floating around.