Whew! Just raised my self-esteem (Roscoe)....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Dec 12, 2001.

1. wroot

wroot

Sep 14, 2001
    England
    Yeeeeeaaah.

Yeh would be fairly accurate to say that i liked it-
    it would also be fair to say that IT KICKS ASS!
    congrats, dude.

2. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Great job on the self esteem,and that should put you in the ranks of the top players too.;)

BTW nice stick also.

3. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Funky, welcome to Club Roscoe. As a 3 Roscoe owner you would correctly guess they are my favorite basses. Embellisher, as a non-slapper, I guess I just don't understand, but each of my 3 has more highs or treble than I need. Funky, like you, I was a chronic, GAS addicted bass buyer, until I got into the Roscoe scene. It will be interesting to see how long you keep this one. At some point, now, or at the end of your journey, maybe you can give us a best of, worst of, and which are keepers report.

4. Hey Thumper, from the short time I've spent with this bass, I can understand how a player (even one who doesn't like chicken and waffles) could be very fanatical about these Roscoes. I'm writing a comparison of the LG-3005 and my MTD 535 at the moment and will be happy to post it when I'm done.

Thanks everyone for your words. My self-esteem is doing okay.... :cool:

5. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Funky, doesn't have to be a musician either. My wife absolutely forbids me to sell any of mine (I mentioned once since I had 2 LGs I might trade/sell one for a Sadowsky, and she told me she would file for custody in the divorce, I think she was kidding...), both LG-3005s are on permament display in our master bedroom bay window. One of the LGs is the most beautiful bass I have ever seen, with tone to rival anything I have ever played. I hope that 6 string Angus is selling is out of my budget, 4 Roscoes would be a bit much, even for me!

6. Funky C,
    OK, Now you'll have to up it one more and get a USA Spector NS-5P next week!!!
    Congrats on your new Roscoe!
    Seems that you got a great deal on it!!!

7. whaaaooow, you are one lucky man! what bass is next??

8. No bass, for awhile at least. I can't be so ambitious as to say I won't buy another one for, say six months. But there is a point where new basses come way too fast. Waiting for my Lakland Skyline to show up too.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    ...Try me. :D

10. burns.gif

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Thanks, gp... my picture disappeared.

12. Roscoe Chicken and Waffle grease joint rules! Especially after a night of clubbing and drinking! Oh, and our Roscoe rules too!

13. i would give up sex for that hunk of wood...

well, maybe not, but i would have to think about it anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

14. Now you need to post a Brubaker -vs- Spector review. This should be an easier review since you had these basses longer. And the winner is...

15. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I like Funky......he sells me his basses ... ;)

...which will it be this time ???

PJR

16. Thumper

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    Okay Angus, I'll bite, send me an email with the pertinent info. Can't help myself, I just got my Rapture 5 back from Pedulla yesterday, they put a fretless neck on it. I'm going to have a hard time going back to fretted, fretless is just so velvety, buttery, silky, sensuous; well, you get the idea, fretless players, I'm sure, understand.