Whew! Nabbed it just in time!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Mar 8, 2002.

1. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    About a month ago I tried out and was impressed with the Fender Steve Harris P-Bass. Got serious G.A.S. Decided to put off buying it until I sold some equipment. However, a few days ago I read a new review on Harmony Central saying that Fender discontinued its production and that most retailers were running out of stock.
    Sure enough I checked with everybody (Sam Ash, MF, AMS, etc.) and it was gone. Went back to the store I tried it out thinking it'd be sold but lo and behold there it still was! As I was negotiating with the salesman on a price in came another customer who came in specifically to try this bass out. It came down to who had the money so I dished it out in cash. Needless to say, I think I may have been one of the last people to grab one of these. I'm glad I did,though, this bass ROCKS!
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. The Steve Harris bass is really sweet.

BUT Fender is WEIRD. The Geddy Lee model has been discontinued & re-introduced in to their line more times than I can remember.
  3. Isn't Fender just being sales-driven?

I kinda wonder about the Stu Hamm Urge-II bass being a lousy seller... never see any in stores or on eBay. It is still in the line. Go figure.