Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whew! Nabbed it just in time!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Mar 8, 2002.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    About a month ago I tried out and was impressed with the Fender Steve Harris P-Bass. Got serious G.A.S. Decided to put off buying it until I sold some equipment. However, a few days ago I read a new review on Harmony Central saying that Fender discontinued its production and that most retailers were running out of stock.
    Sure enough I checked with everybody (Sam Ash, MF, AMS, etc.) and it was gone. Went back to the store I tried it out thinking it'd be sold but lo and behold there it still was! As I was negotiating with the salesman on a price in came another customer who came in specifically to try this bass out. It came down to who had the money so I dished it out in cash. Needless to say, I think I may have been one of the last people to grab one of these. I'm glad I did,though, this bass ROCKS!

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. The Steve Harris bass is really sweet.

BUT Fender is WEIRD. The Geddy Lee model has been discontinued & re-introduced in to their line more times than I can remember.

3. Isn't Fender just being sales-driven?

I kinda wonder about the Stu Hamm Urge-II bass being a lousy seller... never see any in stores or on eBay. It is still in the line. Go figure.