Which 1 bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmangreg, Aug 1, 2002.

1. If you were to own only one bass like the featured bassist (Craig Schoedler)...... which bass would you play? Reading his article on his web page he says he has but one bass which is the Ken Smith. I would go for the new Fender Precision Deluxe 5 I think that it would cover all of my basses. I'm not sure if it has a passive mode but it would be a nice feature.

I know there has been similar threads but heh...lets start a new one! I know in reality most of us bassist find if very hard to settle for just one bass. There is always a good excuse for another one!
  2. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'd keep your old G&L L-2000 :).
    lots of mojo, great sound (especially after I had it tweaked by a good local luthier.
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying that bass! I thought it was the most (important looking) G&L I had ever seen. It looks like it means business.

I missed them straplocks.
  4. Czech Spector 5 string - that would do it for me!
  5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    MIA Fender P.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    well... seing as I only play on one bass.. My Elrick... yeah.. thats it
  7. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    warwick streamer stage 2
  8. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Same as Mike N... MIA Fender P
  9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    don't know if i could. i need a fretted and a fretless. in that case i would keep my carvin and my stingray5.
  10. One bass?

F Bass BN5 without a doubt
  11. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

same here!!! good thing i've got one :D :D :D
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    One bass? Hmn.

Given my love of P basses, but the desire for a killer B string, I'd have to go with a Roscoe, either 5 or 6, depending on which felt better to me. But that's if I could only have ONE bass. And the Roscoe has VERY stiff competition from a MTD 635 and a Modulus Q6
  13. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    warwick stage 2 are dope basses, how much was yours warwick5s????? Yeah a stage 2 would be dope to have, but im happy with my very own custom model 5string fna/corvette proline mix. :D :D :D
  14. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    This would be tough as I play both fretted & fretless. But I'd have to keep my Pedulla MVP fretted 4, and I sure would miss the low B string and fretless phrasing.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...I suppose that if you got a bolt on version (hell, you could spring, it is THE only bass, right?) and get a second fretless neck. Still one bass, just the ability to switch. Of course, switchin at gigs would be a hassle...
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would never be able to live with one bass, but if I were forced to, the keeper would be my Zon Sonus Custom fretless 5.

It is a true chameleon/swiss army knife that can work in any musical situation from blues to metal to funk to country to jazz.
  17. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    Zon Sonus Custom V Fretted
  18. I refuse to play.

Okay, if I HAD to choose one, it would definitely be the Sadowsky.

Good thing I don't have to choose!
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    My Brubaker Custom... or my F Bass Studio. It's a toss-up