Which... 10" Eminance Speakers for 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cúl-Báire, May 31, 2005.

1. Howdy Howdy again folks...

Well I'm yet to make my 2x12 yet, as I am still playing with ideas of speaker combinations. My Latest idea is a 1x12" Delta LF (for the low end), and a 3x or 4x 10" to handle the punch. Now the Eminance ahs a pretty broad range- adn I'd like to stick with them if posable, to 1) Match the 12" and 2) They are easily available in Australia.

So this brings me to my question- I was looking at the Legend BP102's or the Delta 12"s- the Delta's suffer in the low end, but have a high SPL- where as the legends offer plent of everything but require a huge volume, especially when using more than 2 of them..

I am after a warmish speaker (think like ampeg cabs),- I am thinking the Legends ar a little more suiable for this, dispite the low SPL. Any Surgestions?
  2. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
  3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The other post related to a stand alone 8x10 (or pair of 4x10) and I wouldn't use Betas along with a 1x12. You don't need something to go down to 50 Hz, or even 100 Hz for that matter. With a Delta 12LF on the bottom I'd crossover at 500 to 800Hz to eights, vertically aligned, anywhere from one to four of them depending on how loud you want to go. If I did go with a ten or two (more would be unnecessary) I'd use Deltas or Gammas crossed at 200 Hz.