Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 15 should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funky71, Nov 15, 2004.

1. funky71

funky71

Feb 18, 2004
    Looking for some opinions and advice. My current rig is an SWR 350x and an 8ohm Goliath Jr. III. I'm now ready to add a 15" for the low end - which one should I get? The 3 i'm currently considering are the SWR Son of Bertha, Eden 115xlt, and Aguilar GS115. I play funk/jam rock. Thanks for any opinions!

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a GS115. It actually a good cab by itself, which suprised me. I got it on Ebay for 215 I like the SWR cab. Eden was the least impressive of the three. Two cabs you might want to check out are the glockenklang uno and Bergantino 115. The glock is waay expensive ($1200). The Aggie added fullness to my sound without being boomy. I use it with a Eden 210xlt or 410xlt.

The 210 with the 15 has been VERY loud and great on a loud stage. The SWR has a different sound. I play primarily jazz/r&b and the ag works for me

3. The SWR sob compliments the junior very well. I occasionly pair the sob with 2 jr's. Oddly, the workingman's 1x15 goes a bit deeper then the sob. Aggie makes good stuff, but their 15 is a little heavy, at 80 lbs.

If you're concerned about looks, the sob, jr. and your 350x would look sweet stacked.

Also, have you considered the Aggie GS212? I've paired that with the jr, and the two make a great combination imo...and the 212 is 70 lbs.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    As far as standalone 15's are concerned, IMO you can't beat the BagEnd 15.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You should get the one with the 10-inch diameter.

6. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    well ..

if you like your goliath III
    i think go for the son of bertha :)

7. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    how can one be a supporting member?