1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

which 2-10" bass cabinet for Acoustic Image Clarus series 4 amp head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jojo297, Mar 4, 2018.

1. jojo297

jojo297 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2017
    I'm playing through an Acoustic Image Clarus 650W amp head and the matching Ten2 cabinet. The combination is fantastic for my jazz and swing groups, duos, and trios. I'm currently working with a classic rock band and an original progressive rock band. I'd like to either find a 2-10" cabinet that would match up with my Clarus amp for more headroom?? (am I thinking right?) Or find a combo 500W that still weighs UNDER 40lbs. The weight is important and is what led me to finding the high quality Acoustic Image line. The Clarus amp weighs under 5lbs and my Ten2 cab is 22lbs. So I'm searching online for some direction. Bottom line is I need more headroom and punch in these two rock bands. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions??

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    What's your max budget?

Do you get PA support?

What's the minimum ohms on the Clarus?

3. jojo297

Mar 30, 2017
    Rated 650W/4ohm, and can support 2ohm.
    Yes I have PA support.
    Budget is $1,000 max.

4. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    OH, go with 4ohm ACME Low B 210. Great build, sound, support, portability. I have the older series II(?) 110 and 210 that I use with my Clarus SIII.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    abarson likes this.
  5. jojo297

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks! I’ll check it out.

6. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    also a Barefaced two10 (lighter than ACME) I haven't played one yet, but Im eyeing one

Jim Carr likes this.
  7. jojo297

Mar 30, 2017
    Wow the specs on that look great! I’m not familiar with this brand but I’ll find one to try out. Thanks!

8. climber

climber

Oct 21, 2006
    RevSound 210 hands down. It’s great with any amp I put it with including Woods, Genzler, Genz Benz and MarkBass. Tone for miles and loud when it needs to be. Only 36 pounds too.

jojo297 likes this.
  9. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Barefaced is a good choice.

jojo297 likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021