Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 2-10 cab to go with my 15 / 6 EAW cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigStrings, May 25, 2003.

1. Right now I'm trying out a Electro Voice B-210 cabinet with my Eastern Acoustics Works 15/6 cabinet and they sound pretty good together. They are both 8 ohms which works out well since my Seymour Duncan bass head is 400 watts into 4 ohms. Here's my problem: I can either buy this EV 2-10 cab which is 10 years old and now obsolete but sounds real good and well balanced with my 15/6 cab or order a brand new 2-10 Avatar bass cab for the same money. I've never heard this Avatar cab and don't know how it will match up with my 15/6 cab but everyone who has them just raves about them. The problem of course is that you have to order this thing blind sort of speak and hope it all works out well. I would appreciate any response, your opinions or anyone who has had experience with either 2-10 cabinet. Thanks, Mike

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    EAW kicks ass. From my experience the main rave about Avatar is the price more so than the sound. If the current rig aint broken, don't fix it....

3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I agree with Pete. I'm sure the Electrovoice will sound better than the Avatar cabs. Avatars are good for performance to price ratio, but not for awesome sound.