Which 2 bassist had the biggest impact on your style ?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigou

bigou

Mar 17, 2008
    Mont St-Hilaire, QC
    John Wetton and Steve Harris

2. Justin Chancellor:

His creativity with effects and equipment is something that kind of inspired me. I'm always looking for a new sound. Also, his way of playing many melodic parts, yet never overplaying, is really admirable. I love how he doesn't just form the low end, he also fills any room that he can with what he has. He's not just a bass player, he's a musician.

Les Claypool:

Les mostly influenced me as a musician -- more so than as a bassist. Sure, I find his virtuosic playing to be interesting, but it's his musicianship that inspires me. The fact that he has such a varied list of genres that he has played, and his outlook on music in general. Also, he makes relatively strange and unpopular music, when he could be bringing in millions for playing easy, overdone chord progressions with some pop act. Also, he is a really down-to-Earth guy in person, having met him several times. I think it's great that he hasn't let the fame rush to his head in the slightest.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    This thread has reached its limit, continuing it over here.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.