Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 2 bassists would make the best crimefighting, super hero duo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Nov 27, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I think wooten with a sidekick of..hmm i cant think of a trusty sidekick, would his brother 'reggi' be valid? ;)

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    How about Stu Hamm and Marcus Miller as Tapman and Slapman?

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    Wasn`t there a discussion about FiElDy being a superhero some time ago?

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    It's simple... JT with that double-neck monster...wouldn't need a sidekick with that thing around ;)

5. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    mulle... i mean mohawk man?:D

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There ya go, JT as Mohawk Man and Jazzbo as The Professor-the ultimate brains/brawn combo.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I think
    Dave ellifson/ Cliff burton - The Metal Millitia
    I dont think that one works
    oh well..
    figurin me i wouldn't be a superhero. I would be.. a indipendent type guy.. going around helping the world.. while all you silly superheros in tights were fighting each other.
    Id call myself... Particle Man.. or else Universe man:D :D :D :D
    I would go around *carrot top voice on* DIALING DOWN THE CENTER.. C A L L A TT ITS CHEAP FOR THEM AND FREE FOR YOU! *carrot top voice off*
    well.. figuring i went to bed at like 3 last night and its not 10 yet.. jeebbus..

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I'd say Victor Wooten, because he's like a bass ninja. have you seen that picture of him holding himself perpendicular to a lamppost, arms extended? :eek:

And then maybe Anthony Jackson - cos when i look at him or hear him play i just think he must have some kind of psychic powers. no one can know exactly the right note to play all the time like that!!!

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    It depends. What kind of crime would they be fighting - Lex Luthier, the evil lead guitarist, for instance?

I'd say Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey.

10. He's be a supervillain :D

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think Larry Graham and Victor Wooten. Graham adds the "cool factor." His power is the ability to knock people and cars around with his giant thumb, which grows to 4 feet in diameter when he calls on the power of his alien ancestors on the planet Stone. Victor is more the speed to Graham's power. He comes in and slaps some guy silly at 8000 beats per minute with his "buzz thumb." Kinda darting around here and there like Yoda in his lightsaber fight.

They have other superhero buddies too. One is named Jeff Berlin. When Graham and Wooten are finished with the bad guys he comes in with his super-soapbox and finishes them off with deadly, razor sharp diatribes.

Here are some other superheroes:

Captain Bootsy - aka Bootsy Collins. He shoots lasers out of his high-tech star bass and has rockets on those thick-soled shoes. Awwww YEAH baby!

Mister Flea - He jumps all around like a monkey smacking people with his bass and then showing them the love.

aww...this is dumb...sorry.

brad cook

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Bill "the Buddha" Dickens as "the Buddha". He confuses the emeny with a billion 128th notes. Les Claypool as "the Fisherman". He turns his enemies into jelly with oddball slap riffs then smacks them in the face with sturgeon, all the while calling them "Steve".

13. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    agreed... I think it should be like the fantastic four though. I would ad Marcus Miller and Then steve bailey from some killer fretless action

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    T'ain't never been acuzed of havin' brains befo.

15. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Come on, Bootsy baby is it.

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No offense JT, but you look more like a super villan with that crazy thing you play.

Havent there been about 10,000,000 comments about JT taking over the world with that beast?

Peace
    Nick

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    JT with his double bazooka laser blaster from space is the ultimate supervillian

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D cool. only instead of "the professor", maybe he should be some similar though somewhat less extreme version of my name (like batman, and then robin). how about "buzz"?

"holy 4-strings-were-enough-for-jaco, mohawk man!"

"exactly, buzz. to the conklin-mobile, arm the double-barrelled frazzle-buster!"

19. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    wow, if you come accross that pic anytime, PM me a link to it please! :D