Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 210 should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gmann, Feb 7, 2003.

1. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Just some opinions on which 210 cab I should get. The two choices I'm looking at are the Avatar 210 or the Peavey 210. I'd be running it with my Peavey Firebass II coupled with an Eminence 4 ohm 15" cab on the bottom. Both 210 are about the same price, weight and would be at 4 ohms.

2. your amp can handle 2 ohm loads?
    I'd go with the avatar though... I've never liked peavey amplification and doubt I ever will

3. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Yeah, the Firebass puts out 700 watts at 2 ohms. Until I tried the Firebass a couple of years ago I didn't like Peavey either but the Firebass changed my mind. Of course there are other heads out there that are better but budget is a good dictator on what one can buy. Unfortunatley I dont have an extra 2 grand sitting around for an Aguilar DB 750. Right now I going to try to save up for an EA iAmp 800.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Unless you are talking about the Peavey Pro 210s then the Avatars handle 4 times as much power as the Peavey 210TVX.

On the other hand the 210TVXs go a lot lower (if you play a 5 string).

The Pro 210s are a lot more $$$.