1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which 210 should I get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gmann, Feb 7, 2003.

1. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Just some opinions on which 210 cab I should get. The two choices I'm looking at are the Avatar 210 or the Peavey 210. I'd be running it with my Peavey Firebass II coupled with an Eminence 4 ohm 15" cab on the bottom. Both 210 are about the same price, weight and would be at 4 ohms.

2. your amp can handle 2 ohm loads?
    I'd go with the avatar though... I've never liked peavey amplification and doubt I ever will

3. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Yeah, the Firebass puts out 700 watts at 2 ohms. Until I tried the Firebass a couple of years ago I didn't like Peavey either but the Firebass changed my mind. Of course there are other heads out there that are better but budget is a good dictator on what one can buy. Unfortunatley I dont have an extra 2 grand sitting around for an Aguilar DB 750. Right now I going to try to save up for an EA iAmp 800.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Unless you are talking about the Peavey Pro 210s then the Avatars handle 4 times as much power as the Peavey 210TVX.

On the other hand the 210TVXs go a lot lower (if you play a 5 string).

The Pro 210s are a lot more $$$.