Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 410 with an SVT-II pro ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Jan 17, 2004.

1. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I own an SVT-II Pro and have two Aguilar GS 112 cabs.

Which 410 would be more suitable with these. I'd use the SVT with the 112's alone, with the 410 alone, and together if needed.

Help me choose:

1. Ampeg SVThlf
    2. SWR Goliath
    3. Aguilar GS410

I've tried Ampegs and liked them, but to me they tend to color the bass frequencies. I like the SWR for it's punch and tightness. I haven't tried the Aguilar and will not be able to, but have read great reviews on them. If you could describe their sound in comparison to the other two, it would help. I purchased my 112's w/o trying them beforehand, but I've never regreted that purchase.

I play a Stingray 5 and Lakland 55-01 and like a punchy midrange boosted sound w. plenty of bass and highs that are clear and not twangy, if that makes sense. I play mainly rock.

Any comments are welcome, thanks...

2. Hey Afroman...

I have been using my SVT classic with a SWR Goliath Sr.(6X10) and I like it very much.

But I also tried an Ampeg 4X10, I'm not sure the model, the one with the three holes underneath and it sounded amazing!!!

It all depends on your taste.

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The PR410HLF?

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    anyone else?????
    Please help. :bawl:

5. ghetto911

ghetto911

Jan 28, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    I'm gonna have to say that I absolutely love the Ampeg SVT hlf. It is, IMO, the best sound you're going to get without actually buying an Ampeg 8x10 cab.

6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    All three of those are awesome choices. I'd say whichever one you can get for cheapest.