1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which 6/7 stringer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by utopia_imminent, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Warmoth Gecko 6

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Carvin LB76

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Toby Pro-6b with new electronics

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Conklin GTBD-7

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  5. Dave Pushic Custom

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    Thinking of rewarding myself with a 6/7 stringer after 6 months of tobacco-free life. So, need your advice on the bass. I would like on which has the best value. Budget ceiling $1200.

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    I may not be able to help, but congrats on 6 months! :D

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Don't know much about Dave Pushic, but a custom bass will probably make you tobacco free for another couple of months at least.

I voted Conklin GTBD-7 based on other ERBers comments about it. Nearly bought one myself.

4. I like my Conklin GT-7, and my Yamaha TRB6. You could get either of those used for well under $1200 and have a great bass.

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Any of them should be a great instrument. I voted for the Conklin because, if you decide you don't like it, it'll proably have the best retained resale value.

BTW, congrats on being tobacco-free!

dcr

6. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Congrats on kicking the habit!! Today marks 7 months for me being smoke free!!

I have to vote for the Groove Tools GTBD-7.. Might be a little over your budget but IMO worth the extra dough.

7. I own both an lb76 and a gtbd-7. The Conklin is definately in a whole other league as compared to the Carvin. It will probably run you around 1100 used but you can find 'like new' ones for that 1100.

Go with the Conklin :)

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the bill dickens 7 is really in a class by itself. very very comparable to my conklin customs, and much less expensive.

9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    We all know my answer! Carvin! Price: Quality ratio is outstanding! top notch construction feel everything! Just installed (90$)LaBella tapewounds on mine (but for some reason the B and E don't fit properly... :eyebrow: ) but besides that the bass just SINGS, and mwahs. It's not a tone machine granted but it gets the tone i want!