Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which 6/7 stringer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by utopia_imminent, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Warmoth Gecko 6

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Carvin LB76

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Toby Pro-6b with new electronics

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Conklin GTBD-7

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  5. Dave Pushic Custom

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    Thinking of rewarding myself with a 6/7 stringer after 6 months of tobacco-free life. So, need your advice on the bass. I would like on which has the best value. Budget ceiling $1200.

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    I may not be able to help, but congrats on 6 months! :D

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Don't know much about Dave Pushic, but a custom bass will probably make you tobacco free for another couple of months at least.

I voted Conklin GTBD-7 based on other ERBers comments about it. Nearly bought one myself.

4. I like my Conklin GT-7, and my Yamaha TRB6. You could get either of those used for well under $1200 and have a great bass.

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Any of them should be a great instrument. I voted for the Conklin because, if you decide you don't like it, it'll proably have the best retained resale value.

BTW, congrats on being tobacco-free!

dcr

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Congrats on kicking the habit!! Today marks 7 months for me being smoke free!!

I have to vote for the Groove Tools GTBD-7.. Might be a little over your budget but IMO worth the extra dough.

7. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I own both an lb76 and a gtbd-7. The Conklin is definately in a whole other league as compared to the Carvin. It will probably run you around 1100 used but you can find 'like new' ones for that 1100.

Go with the Conklin :)

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the bill dickens 7 is really in a class by itself. very very comparable to my conklin customs, and much less expensive.

9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    We all know my answer! Carvin! Price: Quality ratio is outstanding! top notch construction feel everything! Just installed (90$)LaBella tapewounds on mine (but for some reason the B and E don't fit properly... :eyebrow: ) but besides that the bass just SINGS, and mwahs. It's not a tone machine granted but it gets the tone i want!