1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which amp? B2 or Workingmans 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pesticle, Mar 10, 2002.

1. I am getting a amp for small gigs and practicing with a loud drummer.... which one would you get? Ampeg's B2 or SWR's Workingman's 15 combo... i am having trouble deciding... they both are very nice looking amps and they both cost the same.

2. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like the B2.

3. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    What head are you using?The Acme needs at least 400watts to make it start cooking.If you've got enough power the Acme are killer.

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

He meant the Ampeg b2r head, not the Acme b2 cab. :)

5. I don't know anything about the B2, but I don't like the Workingman's 15. The 12 actually sounds better.

Lisa

6. the best b2 combo was the discontinued B2-48, with 4 8" speakers + tweeter. I say find one used, as I did recently for $499; not a great deal, but OK. That being said, the b2 with the 15" speaker and no tweeter is more readily available and is way more powerful (with an extension cab) than the WM15, IF you like it's sound. The WM15 is way more hi-fi, however. If it were me, I'd go with the b2, especially the B2-48.

7. i second Mark, I've owned a B2-48 and it was an amizing amp, served me well for 6yrs before i had to retire it from giging. It has such a great tight sound, and is awesome with a 5 string. I've heard the 15" speaker version of this amp and was unimpressed. But, as always, try out whatever you can and let your ears be the judge.

8. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Texas
    I use a B2 1x15 combo with a 2x10 extension cab. Best amp I've ever owned.