Which amp for Avatar 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Aug 7, 2002.

1. I really want to get an Avatar 410 cab soon, but that will consume most of my money, but I need an amp. Any recomendations for an inexpensive but good power amp. I know it all depends on the players tone, but I need some ideas for what would work with that cab.
  2. Somebody reply, please... (I don't mean to sound mean, I am just replying to get this on the main screen so people will read it).
  3. You could get a used head for pretty cheap...I don't like to buy used, but some used amps work fine.
  4. Hartke 3500 head....I use it and it sounds great.
  5. I am highly considering it, but are there any other suggestions, I just need an idea to sort of get a place to start looking. Thanx for the reply!!! :)
  6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I use a Carvin R600-II head with my Avatar 2x10, I got the head off Ebay for $200. (that was the Buy-It-Now price!) It's not the greatest amp head in the world but it has a nice array of tone-shaping controls and the stereo feature will come in handy when I get another cab so I can adjust the volumes of the two cabs. Basically if you're short on cash browse the used market for a while, you will eventually find a good deal.
  7. Rocker74

Aug 1, 2002
    Wow $200 for an R600 what a deal!
  8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Yep, checking the new Buy It Now listings can really pay off.