Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which amp for Avatar 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuttboy311, Aug 7, 2002.

1. I really want to get an Avatar 410 cab soon, but that will consume most of my money, but I need an amp. Any recomendations for an inexpensive but good power amp. I know it all depends on the players tone, but I need some ideas for what would work with that cab.

2. Somebody reply, please... (I don't mean to sound mean, I am just replying to get this on the main screen so people will read it).

3. You could get a used head for pretty cheap...I don't like to buy used, but some used amps work fine.

4. Hartke 3500 head....I use it and it sounds great.

5. I am highly considering it, but are there any other suggestions, I just need an idea to sort of get a place to start looking. Thanx for the reply!!! :)

6. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I use a Carvin R600-II head with my Avatar 2x10, I got the head off Ebay for $200. (that was the Buy-It-Now price!) It's not the greatest amp head in the world but it has a nice array of tone-shaping controls and the stereo feature will come in handy when I get another cab so I can adjust the volumes of the two cabs. Basically if you're short on cash browse the used market for a while, you will eventually find a good deal.

7. Rocker74

Rocker74

Aug 1, 2002
    Wow $200 for an R600 what a deal!

8. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Yep, checking the new Buy It Now listings can really pay off.