which amp is better?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alien533, Oct 15, 2002.

1. alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    could some one tell me what amp is the better one out of these two? Trace elliot 715smc or the laney rbw200? if there both crap then what amp should i get?

Please feed back!
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    It would really help if you would fill out your profile. Tell us what you already have, what kind of music you are playing etc.

One might find the Trace Elliot better, another one might like the laney...

More info...
  3. Yeah, it all depends on the type of music youm play...
  4. BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    If your thinking about Trace gear I would go with any of the SMX-12 band pre amp heads. I just played a jam night through a Trace Elliot GP7 combo (15" speaker) with an added 2-10"... and I was not as impressed with the 7 band eq as opposed to the 12 band eq set up.

I love the Trace Elliot gear.
  5. alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    yeah i play rock music and funk! which would be the better one!?

thanks for the feedback soo far! :)

ohhh! I have read a lot of reviews on the trace elliot 715sm and they have all been really good :) but the only thing is the size but thats ok with me!

i think this one would be better cause its got a 15" speaker instead of the laney with the 12".... am i right or am i speaking complete *Gibberish*??
  6. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Trace Elliots has alot of mids.. if you want to cut thru, give that a go! But I duno about 15s, I'm not really a fan of 15s.. i really love my Trace Elliot 7210H, which s a2x10 combo amp and it was like $500 and $50 shipping.. check those out if u can!

Good luck

7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Well.. I think.. and I think most will agree.. that the Trace Elliot today is not nearly as good as the Trace elliot gear made a few years ago... If you want trace elliot gear, try finding used older stuff.

The only T.E combo amp I've ever played on sounded really thin to my ears.
  8. I was talking to a music store salesman (whom shall remain nameless) just yesterday and I asked him "what ever happened to Trace Elliot" his answer was "they got bought by Gibson" nuf said!
  9. alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    hey thanks for the replys! it helped a lot....(not to go with trace elliot) :) any way i went and got the laney mainly cause i could find one to play and test...and well it is really cooooool :) and i like it a lot :)