1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which amp to buy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickFromNY, Nov 2, 2010.

1. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I'm looking to upgrade my amp set up. I'm currently playing a GK 200mb along with a matching gk 1x12 cab. I'm playing an american Jazz bass. I'm looking for something with a little more power and punch. I plan on keeping the 1x12 cab to run with a new portable head for practice and smaller gigs. I'll pick up a bigger cab for bigger shows.

I'm looking at the Markbass Little Mark 2, Eden E300, Genz Benz shuttle, etc... What I'm looking for is portability, punch and slightly more power than I have now (200 watts total).. 300 - 500 watts would be great. I have about $400 to spend, so I'm in the used market. Any feedback?

thanks

2. NickFromNY

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I was also looking at the GK MB500 too.

3. NickFromNY

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    No one has any thoughts on this?

4. I don't have any thoughts on a 300+ watt amp for $400, no. I'm happy with my Genz Benz but whether you can find a Shuttle for $400, I don't know. But, hey...at least someone replied. :D

5. NickFromNY

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you, Frozen. I actually have a line on a Shuttle 6.0 in my price range. I think I'm going to go in that direction.

6. I would think that you should be able to track down a used Shuttle around that price ($400) depending on where you are. Your profile doesn't say where you are so I can't really venture much of a guess on how hard it might be for you to find stuff. I found a used 200W GB for $250 so I think you could find a 300+ watt GB for $400.