1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which amp would be louder. Behringer Bx4500t or Workingpro 400?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deputyjk, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Behringer Bx4500t

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Workingpro 400

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  1. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    :confused:

2. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    Ive played a workingpro but never really at a loud enough volume to judge. I can tell you though that i have a BX4500H (i dont know how much it differs from the BX4500T) and its not as loud as it seems. It gets heard in rehearsal and smaller venues like a pub. But i dont think it gets much louder than that. My 300w Labsystems solidstate gets a hell of a lot louder than the "450w" behringer.

On that note, the behringer isn't too quiet either. How loud do you need?

3. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    Oops should be BX4500h

Just upgraded to a workingpro 400. Wont have the opportunity to test the head to its limits and probably wont for quiet a while. i.e. dont want to try this at home :eek::eek:

Was considering holding onto my old BX4500h as a backup and for louder gigs. It is dam loud and sounds quiet decent tru the workingpro 115 & 410. But if it was quieter than the workingpro I would just sell it!

Unfortunatily as I said I cant test this without shaking the house :bassist::D

4. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    you want volume or quality?
    behringer tends to put out alot less volume them they claim.

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd suggest looking at a G.K. 700. 800 or 1001 heads.
    There's a player here on T.B. that just bought a used, in great shape, "700 watt" G.K. 1001 head for $350.00.
    He found it in the T.B. classifieds.

6. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Never used an SWR before, but my 350w Hartke is a lot louder than my "450w" behringer.

7. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    of the 2 I would go with the swr.

8. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I have the Behringer head and it does sound better than you'd expect, but I seriously doubt the wattage. It is loud enough for club dates and the input is such that you can use boost pedals easily with it without overloading the preamp which is nice, but I would bet that the SWR would do better at most things, including volume.

9. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    The question you should be asking is which will sound better and last longer? :)

10. deputyjk

deputyjk

Nov 23, 2005
    Thanks for the responses guys

Guess the behringer BX4500h is up for sale. Anyone interested? ;)