Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ((ZASDER)), Mar 4, 2005.

1. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    Tomorrow Im going to the music store to get a METRONOME and I decided since im there might as well get an amp becuase the one I got 3 months ago when I starting playing...is a behringer that was like 50 bucks. I want a real one this time...good enough for band stuff and gigs.

Any suggestions on what to get?

2. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    What kind of music do you play? What sort of tone interests you? How much $$$ are you willing to spend? Any size restrictions? How loud do you need to be? Do you want the capability to expand it later?

3. ((ZASDER))

((ZASDER))

Feb 26, 2005
    Buffalo NY
    I just started but I will be probably playing jazz and some rock. Right now Im just doing scales to get my fingers streched.

I have $1000 to spend...and Eveeyrhting else I really dont know because I just started.

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    With that money you could (if you buy used and shop carefully) buy a decent head or rack setup and cabinet.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Look used.

6. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    For $1k you should think seperate amp and cab..If you go a little larger on the amp you can always add another cab later, that way you'll have a more flexable system. Used is not a bad idea but: If it looks abused, it probably is abused.