1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which amp ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by latinosuperstud, Aug 8, 2007.

1. how would the ashdown perfect ten combo compare to the peavey max 110 combo

one is thirty watts, the other is twenty, ill be using it for private practice, and a 20 or so piece jazz band... you guys are the experts so which would you recommend (anything louder than a double bass will really work)

ill be using a squier vintage modified jazz (fretted):cool:

2. really guys no help?

3. Johnny5

Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    superstud,

i use a peavey max 110 for practices against a drummer and guitarist, plus vocals, and it works great. it's tiny but i never have to crank it past about 10 o' clock to be heard clearly. plus peavey's are built like tanks.
    i vote peavey.
    though i've never heard the ashdown.

4. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    :smug: Get the one you dont have, becuase that is the one you usually want.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I used a Peavey Minx combo with a 10" speaker and 35 watts a number of times with a large jazz band. It did the job as long as I kept it at a level just a bit louder than a double bass. I'd probably go with the Peavey if those two were my only options.

I have a Yorkville Sound XM50C that I use for practice and teaching at home that would suit you just fine. I paid about $329 Canadian for it. Sounds much bigger than it is yet it's only 50 watts through a 10" speaker and weighs 30 lbs.

6. well i guess ill go for the peavey... they seem to be solid, and i cant really find the ashdown in any nearby stores