Which Amp!?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Listen, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I'm not that great with amps, so I'm gonna need a hand. I'm pretty short on cash, but I could get some money soon, and I am in desperate need of a decent amp!

I have narrowed it down to these 2...
    This thing
    and this one

My price range is about $300 anywhere around there.
    Preferably 100w, 12" or 15" speaker. Speaker size is not that important too me.

Thanks for any help!
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    The ashdown should sound great with a P-bass and a pick......... I think its a good buy, but I´ve never tried it.
    Don´t know about the Behringer...in fact, didn´t know they make amps.
    Also consider the SWR Workingman´s 12 combo, I´ve never heard anything bad about them ($550)
  3. Listen

May 19, 2002
    I didn't ethier, but they have good reveiws.
  4. Listen

May 19, 2002
  5. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    i second ashdown.

ive never seen the other one..
  6. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I played one of those Ashdowns(I think it was a 12) It sounded much louder then 130 watts. I played with a couple guitars and a drummer, and never turned it up past 4, I think that one of these would even allow you to play with drums and a fairly loud guitarist(within reason) I thought it sounded great, very warm, but I could get a nice clean high end out of it as well. If I did'nt already have a small amp I would seriously consider one of these.
  7. I've never played an Ashdown product that didn't sound good. A lot of Behringer products receive a lot of negative reviews but I've never played through one of their bass amps so take this for what it is worth.
  8. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    Bear-ringer! Never 'eard of 'em.

I've played Ahdown ABM head & cabs and I've played a little on a small Ashdown combo, both sound seriously good and have so many options for tweaking your sound (octave divider, tube/solid-state input blend, eq etc).

I'm about to by a new head at the end of this month, I'm going to check out everything, but in particular I'm interested in either David Eden or Ashdown... whichever floats my boat the most when I try them out!