1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

which antiquity?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by patonbass, Aug 15, 2005.

1. patonbass

patonbass

Jul 24, 2005
    minnesota!
    i recently purchased an awsome '92 MIM p-bass that has a great neck and body and i wanted to drop in a new pickup to round out its awsomeness. I learned first hand that i dont realy like the look of lettering on the pickups or pickups that look upgraded (i have seymor duncan 1/4er pounders on my jazz bass). next, the harware on this bass has started to oxidize a bit so putting in a shiny new pickup might look a little funny... answer? seymor duncan antiquitys! so i go to www.basspartsresource.com and find that they make 2 different models for the p-bass, a 50's style model with the raised A string poles, and a 60's model. I havent had much experience with either of these bass years (not really in my budget :smug: ). so here is the question, what one should i get if i am looking for a growly tone with good lows, and overall just a damn good sounding pickup? Thanks!

2. patonbass

patonbass

Jul 24, 2005
    minnesota!
    ^ bump? ^