Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which antiquity?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by patonbass, Aug 15, 2005.

1. patonbass

patonbass

Jul 24, 2005
    minnesota!
    i recently purchased an awsome '92 MIM p-bass that has a great neck and body and i wanted to drop in a new pickup to round out its awsomeness. I learned first hand that i dont realy like the look of lettering on the pickups or pickups that look upgraded (i have seymor duncan 1/4er pounders on my jazz bass). next, the harware on this bass has started to oxidize a bit so putting in a shiny new pickup might look a little funny... answer? seymor duncan antiquitys! so i go to www.basspartsresource.com and find that they make 2 different models for the p-bass, a 50's style model with the raised A string poles, and a 60's model. I havent had much experience with either of these bass years (not really in my budget :smug: ). so here is the question, what one should i get if i am looking for a growly tone with good lows, and overall just a damn good sounding pickup? Thanks!