Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which are the NICEST bands, and which aren't?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGoddess28, May 6, 2003.

1. Hey, who are the nicest bands you ever met? And who aren't..?
    The nicest bands and singers I have met are:
    Linkin Park
    Ginger Fish (Marilyn Manson) He isn't a singer, but he was VERY nice.
    Corey Taylor(Slipknot)
    Kenny Wayne Shepperd
    Deadsy(Elijah Blue and Renn Hawkey)
    Hanson( don't laugh, they are nice guys)
    Silverchair
    Sexpod(no longer together)
    Bloodhound Gang(Spanky G and Lupus)
    Coal Chamber(Dez, Rayna and Mikey.. didnt meet Meegs)

The NOT so nice list:
    Morgan Lander (Kittie)
    ICP

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hear Anthony Kedis is really full of himself. Pretty bad for someone who's tone deaf as hell.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No doubt, but I'd still laugh!! ;)

4. I'm not sure about bands, but I have gotten to know a drummer by the name of Billy Ward (not Bill Ward). He is a studio drummer in New York and he also has his own studio. He is one of the nicest, most gracious, pros I’ve ever met. He is also one of the most creative drummers I’ve ever heard. He is currently on tour with Joan Osbourne opening for the Dixie Chicks.

If you are interested in a great CD, check out his “Two Hands Clapping” CD. His duet with John Pattitucci (sp?) is amazing. He’s one of those drummers that other drummers go listen to.

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Movin to MISC

6. Nicest:
    -Ozomatli,
    -River City Rebels
    -Lost City Angels
    -Less Than Jake
    -Big D and the Kids Table
    -The Toasters
    -SHJ

Not so nice:
    -Unwritten Law
    -This weirdo pop-punk band from Ct...forget the name
    -The Wallflowers.

7. Not so nice:

Avril Lavigne(she thinks she is #1)
    Courtney Love( many will agree w/ that)
    P!nk

8. Wow, thats surprising. I would have thought they'd be really cool guys to hang out with.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I dunno... they don't seem so nice to women.

10. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Nice:
    -The Misfits
    -Leroy Van Dyke
    -Jett Williams

Not:
    -LeAnn Rimes (I'd never seen every other band kicked out of backstage at a festival before)
    -Puddle of Mudd (frontman only)
    -REO Speedwagon

11. Two British bands, Whitmore and Farse, really cool down to earth guys, also Mike Park and Potshot (Asian Man Records), the vocalist from Rise Against was really cool.

Haven't met anyone I didn't like yet....:)

12. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    BEle Fleck and The Flecktones!...how many bands do you know sit on the stage and sign autographs after there shows.

13. i have one pet peve. i dont knwo if any of you have a heard of a band called alexis on fire. they came to my town three times. teh first was when they were all small and stuff so no one relaly knew who they were and they were such anice guys, like we hung out with them after and they were so sweet! but teh last two time sthey came they were being big jerks and like reaching out on stage and like garbbing the girls and like stage diving while singing (for a crowd of like 80) and they hung out with us after again but were such big ego-centic jerks! it made me sad!!!!! anyways. not a nice band to meet!!!!
    -shoonk

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Ozomatli
    BF&F
    average white band
    ryan from mudvayne is a really nice guy
    basically every big jazz player i've met except...

not so nice:
    Wynton Marsalis
    Louis Johnson (bassist for bro's johnson)

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I "3rd" the Ozo. My nice list would be too long. I met Donald Byrd once, and he was VERY arrogant. Great muso though. Whitney Houston was a total ass! My friend used to drive limos, and he had to pick her up from the airport. He went up to her and introduce himself, and she responded with, "Whatever, just get the damn bags."
    :rolleyes: His response? He got back in the car, and popped the trunk, turned up the radio and read a magazine, whilst she and her brother yelled and cursed before finally relenting and putting their own bags in the car. :D

16. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    One of my drummers ( I have three on rotation) has all the videos, downloads etc of Billy Ward. I have heard two hands clapping once. Didnt like it because I felt it was lacking something being duets. BUT the drumming is awesome. Then factor in the range of styles and the fact that it is all live recording. Then factor in that it's (allegedly) first take with no rehearsals and it's a must listen album.

Back on topic

Bassplayer of Spine and guitarist of Stoopi-both UK hardcore bands were really nice gentlemen. My mates son was supporting Spine and broke a snare. Before anyone could think of something Spine's drummer lept onstage holding a snare drum-great bloke.

17. I 4th Ozo. Good people.

18. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I never really met any famous musicians, but in the last band I was in, our lead singer use to play in LA so she had met some. She met Heart. She said that Nancy was very nice but Anne was way very unpleasant. She partied with the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies. She says the nicest person she met in the music industry though was Vivian Campbell. I guess he's an extremely nice guy.

Funny story, when our lead singer and drummer were in LA they were playing a showcase but two washed-up members on the Bay City Rollers doing an acoustic set were being hams and going way over the time limit of their set (which of course means that her band couldn't play their full set), so it turns, shows throws a drink at their road manager and tells her to get those has been's off the stage. I thought that was quite funny.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Victor Wooten is really nice
    so are all his brothers, and divinity is awesome too. and J.D...well...if he was on this planet..I'm sure he'd be nice too.

Mike Stern is nice, though he seems a little perma fried(I've seen him 3 times(met him twice), and every time he is just as dopey)

All the Flecktones are great guys, particularly Bela himself.

From what I hear(from a good friend)
    Les Claypool is an ******* supreme.

20. 2 skinnee j's.
    and eric from the plan is the nicest guy ever.