which are the slinkiest of the slinkiest

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TOOTHY999, Sep 9, 2002.

1. TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    (i know this questions probably been asked a couple times but im new and im bored and i enjoy wasting your time/space)

Im bored of my smooth nice flowing strings, I want something that will make peoples heads explode and cool stuff like that (?). Which strings are the jazziest, slinkiest, and buzziest. By the way price and durabilty count too because im a cheap@$$:cool:
  2. what do you mean by "slinkiest" and "buzziest"?

if you just looking for good strings, check out Blue Steel. they last forever and sound amazing
  3. TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    Really? I thought slinkey and buzzy were universal terms. If you buy Ernie Ball strings itll say "normal slinkey" or "super slinkey", so I want more slinkieness... or something

you know what, just tell me what strings sound good and last long and look pretty and ill be fine:D
  4. Blue Steel is the way to go. They're a bit twangy at first, but once they're broken in, its sonic ambrosia.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    slinkiest? ok......

i would say that sr2000's are better for me, but i normally use nickel strings...slowounds...and i've heard lots of stuff about the TI strings, as well. strings are a hit and miss thing. you're just going to have to go out and try them.
  6. yeah..thats a better answer. :)
  7. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    buy a set of ernie ball slinkies, then tune down to C standard, thats pretty darn slinky.