1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which artists/bands use EBMM Sterlings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GassieBall, Oct 30, 2010.

1. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    I'm trying to get a handle on how Sterlings vs. Stingrays sound in the mix. Any good YouTubes?

2. flea has a sterling .. but he never uses it for band use or anything, just for home use, i dont think theres much difference in sound, i have a stingray and i beleive you can get more tonal options from a sterling with the selector switch :)

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

my american heart, post hardcore band, RIP

Best example of sterling in the mix Ive ever found. Really worth your time, there is a part later in the song where the bass plays a solo'd out interlude.

I would guess the bass is recorded in Series position, from the way it sounds. That or Single Coil. Really dont think its parallel.

4. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I think Dave Farrell from Linkin Park uses a Sterling. Can't figure out how to put Youtube link on here so you'll have to do a search on youtube.

5. GassieBall

GassieBall

Oct 15, 2006
    Thanks, guys! Anything else? I guess this confirms there aren't that many out there. Weird.

6. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    This clip compares the sound of 7 basses, one of which is a Ray and one of which is a Sterling. Have to wait a while for the Ray.