1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which artists used the Fender Studio Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmodder, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I have been using mine for about six months or so (and still love it) and all this talk about artist basses, endorsements, etc. have got me wondering:

Are there any artists that played the Fender Studio Bass on stage or on recording back in the day?

I really can not find anything of the sort...

Thanks!

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    There weren't a lot of the combo versions sold or used and they weren't out a long time and didn't catch on big.

The only guy of note I saw use one live was the road bassist with the Beach Boys back when the amp first came out. It sounded okay but he was going direct into the PA and just used the amp for on stage monitoring. I can't recall his name. It might have been a rental from SIR as the rest of the gear onstage came from them.

I tried one myself and liked it but just couldn't deal with the weight.

Glad you like yours.

3. Yeah.. I separated mine as the idea of a 130 lb combo with one handle didn't jive too well.

Beach Boys eah? I was just watching the live DVD from London!

Will check it out. If any one else knows please post! It's always nice to see who used the obscure and or forgotten gear from back in the day. As I recall, these were only out for like 3 years. Thanks for the info 62bass!