Which Ashdown

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 17, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right when I move back to the UK I need a new amp and I've heard such goodthings about ashdown I think I'll get one but which?
    I will be playing every style of music I can from 60's pop to Nu metal, Jazz to acoustic stuff.
    At the moment the guitarist I will be playing with only has a 15w solid state amp so I don't really need loads of watts at the moment but he will be upgrading at some point to like a 100w.
    The models I'm looking at are:
    Electric Blue 12" and 15" models (Good but will only cut it for practice and small gigs and no external spk jack 350-360 pounds.)
    Mag 200 with 15" (Once again don't think it will really cut it for more than a small gig 470-500 pounds.)
    ABM C410H-500 (This thing has enough power to cover any gig and has all the ports I need and stuff and I can get it for under 600 pounds).

So I guess I know which is best but is the ABM going to cut it forever am I never going to need a new amp like I would with the other 2. Or should I take the cheaper road and put the rest of the money away for a big 2000w system later?

Does the ABM work well at low volumes and I mean really low volumes enought to work with a 15w amp and not get complaints from the neighbours in a terrace house?

Let me know what you guys think.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/Dawsons_On_Line_Ashdown_Bass_Amps_55.html

Heres the web site it's my fav shop they give me discounts and everything.

I only have 600 pounds to spend it's not the ABM C410H-500 for 559 its the ABM C410h I don't know the difference or if it's an error on the web site but the page has been like this for like a year so I doubt it.

Thanx in advance

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    the Ashdown ABM-410h is just the cab (i think) the combo is the ABM-C410h-500 which is £1,169.00

im using a AMB 500 head at the mo.... not that impressed with it.

Chris