Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Ashdown

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 17, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right when I move back to the UK I need a new amp and I've heard such goodthings about ashdown I think I'll get one but which?
    I will be playing every style of music I can from 60's pop to Nu metal, Jazz to acoustic stuff.
    At the moment the guitarist I will be playing with only has a 15w solid state amp so I don't really need loads of watts at the moment but he will be upgrading at some point to like a 100w.
    The models I'm looking at are:
    Electric Blue 12" and 15" models (Good but will only cut it for practice and small gigs and no external spk jack 350-360 pounds.)
    Mag 200 with 15" (Once again don't think it will really cut it for more than a small gig 470-500 pounds.)
    ABM C410H-500 (This thing has enough power to cover any gig and has all the ports I need and stuff and I can get it for under 600 pounds).

So I guess I know which is best but is the ABM going to cut it forever am I never going to need a new amp like I would with the other 2. Or should I take the cheaper road and put the rest of the money away for a big 2000w system later?

Does the ABM work well at low volumes and I mean really low volumes enought to work with a 15w amp and not get complaints from the neighbours in a terrace house?

Let me know what you guys think.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/Dawsons_On_Line_Ashdown_Bass_Amps_55.html

Heres the web site it's my fav shop they give me discounts and everything.

I only have 600 pounds to spend it's not the ABM C410H-500 for 559 its the ABM C410h I don't know the difference or if it's an error on the web site but the page has been like this for like a year so I doubt it.

Thanx in advance

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    the Ashdown ABM-410h is just the cab (i think) the combo is the ABM-C410h-500 which is £1,169.00

im using a AMB 500 head at the mo.... not that impressed with it.

Chris