Which Avatar 2x10 has the most punch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaosMK, May 26, 2005.

1. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Hi, I am new to talkbass and this is my post here. I was using some other forums but always found talkbass threads coming up whenever I googled for gear questions.

I am planning on purchasing an avatar 2x10 cab but am not sure which is the best for my rig. I was using two 1x15's (a Mesa Diesel and SWR WorkingMan's) but want to get a clearer sound, so I am getting rid of one. I use a 5-string Ibanez and play prog metal. I use a MAG300 head. The type of sound I am going for is modern and as punchy as possible.

I have heard the Avatar Pro has the most bottom end, but maybe with a 1x15 in the rig I will be OK there. Which do you guys think would provide the most punch in this setup- A 2x10pro or 2x10neo? Thanks!

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The neo's, statistically, have the best low-end response, but the Kappa Pro's look like they'll have the most mid-grunt. I personally wouldn't touch the Delta's with my neighbor's ten foot pole.

If I was carrying them around every weekend, I'd get the neo's. Small difference in sound would be worth the weight savings. If you aren't going to be moving it much or have someone else to do it for you, go with the Kappa Pro's.
  3. Kappa Pro's have heck of a punch and low end responce

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I own an Avatar 210 NEO which I'll be mating to the new 212 NEO when they are released next month, and it's a great lightweight cab!

Just for reference, I have a 5 string and I play lots of botom heavy funk, gospel and jazz. The 210 works surprisingly well in smallish settings and handles the low B pretty well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 210 NEO, but I wouldn't use it by itself all that much in medium to large venues
  5. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Looks like I will probably be going with the Kappa Pros.
  6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've heard the Pros are actually the most scooped sounding.:eyebrow:
  7. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Yea stay FAR away from Deltas...definately not good for bass at all...