Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Bartolinis do I want (Jazz pickups)?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by brock29609, Aug 2, 2003.

1. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    I always keep a 50/50 blend of my two pickup, so the humbucker versions aren't of much benefit to me. As long as the two pickups hum cancel, I'm cool.

That said, which model of Barts should I go with? I'm putting these in a Deluxe USA Jazz with a new preamp to be named later.

2. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Why not a pair of Sadowsky jazz pickups from the Sadowsky website? They're only about $120 which is only $20 more than what you'll pay for a pair of Bart 9SU pickups. http://www.sadowsky.com

3. brock29609

brock29609 4 strings, 2 wheels

May 11, 2003
    Greenville, SC
    I can get a great set of Fender Custom Shop 60's or DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups for $89, so I'm already stretching the budget to buy the Bart's. I'm curious about Barts, so that's what I'm going to try. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have the basic Bart Jazz single coil pickups. I don't the sound of the bass that much. However, it's probably the bass that's the problem, not the pickups, too much maple and Ebony makes it too bright for me.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont like the sound of Barts that much, i prefer seymour duncans and emg's.