Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Bartolini's for a Ibanez BTB 406

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Jun 5, 2005.

1. I am on the edge of buying a 406. I have played it everything is a go. I am wondering how good it will sound with the Barts.

SO which ones, and how much, also would I have to rewire the hole thing Pots and all, or would I be OK with a PUP swap.

Thanks

Lou

2. Seeing you've just played it, i take you wont have had a look at the nice 18 volt preamp in there, so i dont think you'll need to do anything to the pots or such if you are just changning pups

Im interested to hear the results tho, may upgrade mine, think ill dop up my eda first tho

3. Thanks for the help. It will be a while before I change anything. I will be focusing on learning to play it. My teacher plays the BTB 406 w/ stock PUPS and he plays it like a lead guitarist. I am excited. :hyper:

4. Damn, i wish i could play mine half that well :p

The stock pups are pretty good, but im just picky and feel like spending money where i shouldnt