Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Bartolini's?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kirbywrx, May 29, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Some of you guys may have seen a thread of mine, asking where I can get some pups online. Well, I've decided to go with the Bartolinis from bestbassgear.com, but I cant choose which ones!!

The bass they are going into is a custom made 4 string, and they will be passive. The pups themselves are gunna be soapbars BTW. Now, bestbassgear.com have bamboozeled me with options. We can choose between:

-MMC's
    -M34C's
    and
    -M44C's

I dont know anything about any of them, all I know is that they are all $90USD ($125 Australian). Pickup placement wise, its going to be placed near the bridge, very similar to a Pedualla/Stingray kinda thing, so its inevitable that a bridge pickup is going to be the one to use, but, like i said..WHICH ONE? :confused:

Any help is appreciated
    -Kirbo

EDIT: Also, will the width of the pickup have anything to do with string spacing?

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    MMC is the 4-string MusicMan replacement.

M34C is the 4-string EMG-sized soapbar

M44C is the 5-string EMG-sized soapbar.

All three are "C" voice -- standard Bartolini "dark" sound.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  4. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks!!

OK, so ive narrowed it down to the M34C (soapbar) and the MMC (stingray replacment).

Opinions anyone?

5. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Bump...
    and...

Ive narrowed it down to 2, and it doesnt include the stringray replacment. It is between the EMG HZ and the Bartolini MC34C. The pickup will be going into a passive bass aswell.

Opinions on the better pickup anyone?