Which Barts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 31, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    M56 + G6

What should I go with? I'm planning a DP Custom, and have thought about the M56 and G6, but the more I hear about the quads, the more I think I might like the options. Originally I wanted a humbucker at the bridge and a jazz at the neck, but I'm becoming interested in the variety the quad coils provide. Does anyone have enough experience with either to be able to say which has a better HB sound and which has a better Jazz sound? Does the P setting on the quad give enough punch? This will be a ska/punk/rock bass, so I'm thinking that P option will come in handy at times. This is getting long, so that's all the ?s for now.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Actually, IME, the full-series humbucking mode of a quad in the neck position provides the closest sound to a P-pickup. I use the P-shape split (and the reverse) to get different sounds when mixed with the bridge pickup.

I believe you can get the M56 in quad configuration. Yeah, the xxM56C and xxM56CX.