Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass (and effect) used Mike Inez in Alice In Chains MTV Unplugged?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Jan 9, 2005.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know it´s an acustic/electric, looks like fretted but it sounds like fretless, o it is a chorus effect??

What I love about it is that BIG sound and endless sustain.

Discuss.

P.S.: The bass has the mesage: "Friends don´t let friends... have friends haircuts" It´s about Metallica´s image change (1996)????

Attached Files:

2. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    it is an alverez bass & some kind of $10 chours pedal he bought before the show

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Heh, interesting coincidence... I just watched that DVD last night. ;)

I think I would have liked his tone better without the chorus, to be honest.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Awsome concert. I really liked Mikes's playing and tone that night.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    did they record it twice? the show i mean. cause ive got both the cd and the VHS (im old school) and on the cd there is stuff that aint going on in the tape ie when layne messes up. i know they can cut and paste stuff in and out and what not. but another thing is that ive seen all sorts of pictures of the guys wearing different clothes but the same show.

and i wouldve prefered the tone sans chorus myself too.

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I don't own either the DVD or VHS, but the CD release does contain several tracks that didn't make the broadcast version.

In addition, I know that during the taping the band can do several takes of the same song due to mistakes, sound issues, etc. As for pictures, I'd account that to simply having a photo shoot on a different date than the taping.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That bass was really sounding like a fretless, what kind of pedal?.

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Do you know which chorus pedal???

I did a search in Alvarez´s web site and didn´t find a single acoustic bass guitar model.... are they discontinued or am I blind???

9. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I see one Alvarez bass model, it's under the "Traditional Instruments" section of their site.

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    You´re right!!!!

Then I´m blind!!! :cool: