1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Bass cab to buy? Berg,Trace, etc.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MackaD, Mar 17, 2008.

1. MackaD

MackaD

Mar 17, 2008
    Hi,

Im going crazy trying to find the right bass cab for my RB1001-2 head, mostly because there isn't much to try where im located.
    I play in a fast and LOUD tech metal band but also love slap and progressive. Any ideas??? I was considering the Berg NV215 or maybe a Trace 1028H/1048H combination... Any one have experience with these or could recommend something better?

2. For what you want to do, I'd be looking at a Berg HS410 as a first choice, secondly maybe the NV610.

I know the NV215 is quick for 15"s (probably the best there is) but not sure if it is as quick as the NV610 or HS410. Definitely is more extended in the lows and highs than the NV610 but I think the HS410 covers the whole frequency spectrum a lot better.

Ther's a lot of users of both the NV215 and NV610 so hopefully they'll jump in with their views as well.

I know a lot of guys who use the NV610 say there's enough highs for slapping even though it doesn't have a horn or tweeter.

Good Luck.

3. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    +1 for the Berg HS-410

Later
    Rob

4. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Eden D410XLT--just a great cab. :cool:

5. MackaD

MackaD

Mar 17, 2008
    How do you think the HS 410 would match up to the NV 215 in terms of bottom end and volume?