1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which bass driver fromTech21

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zaphodfender, Oct 15, 2009.

1. zaphodfender

zaphodfender

Oct 10, 2009
    Greetings:
    I'm looking to add a warm tube classic rock sound to my SWR Workingman 10 (with matching extension cab). I use MIJ and MIM Fender Basses in good shape. I'm not looking for a very distorted sound, just a warming up of the SWR. I've been looking at Tech 21 Bass Drivers and the Bass Driver VT, since they seem to be aimed for this. I also play at open mikes, and you never know about the amps there. Is the VT the better option, a Bass Driver DI, or the ParaDI? Any advice?
    Thanks

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Yes, VT is a better option in my opinion. Unless you frequently need a D.I. and don't have a separate one.

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Provider Supporting Member

I use the SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe (programmable), the one with 3 switches and no effect loop. Has that warm sound and you can store 3 types of sounds real easy. Wouldn't play without one anymore

4. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    yes.

and even if you DO always need a DI, i still highly reccomend getting a good one, and using the VT with it, or just going out of your amp.

the differnce between the BDDI and VT is huge. huge i tell you..huge.. the VT is the real thing.

5. was just about to start a thread about this, but ill put it here...

Prog BDDI to RBI switch?

since i mostly use my bddi as a "fat tube" emulator just before my bass big muff, and dont especially like the over driven tone of the sansamp, im thinking about ditching my pedal for the 1u rackmount.

I guess the xlr volume thing is cool, (ive gotten by without it for years) and the middle control seems nice..

what im getting at is.. do those of you who have had BOTH and use separate dirt, notice a better overall tone with the RBI? or am i just going to hate that too, and end up selling it? :)

not sure of the spam policy here, but, if anyone wants to trade + cash, or just sell me one, PM me so we can talk

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, well you just violated the spam policy but I don't work here so hey...

VT is king.

7. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
  8. oh well, i just wanted to know more about the rbi vs bddi, honestly.

i didnt think asking if someone wanted to trade me some stuff would be that big of a deal. (but it can be in the sig?) hmm..

sorry. i'll stick to lurking i guess :)

9. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I use a VT pedal with an SWR SM-400 and 2 2x10" SWR Jr. Goliath cabs and LOVE it.

10. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    This is what I use :D

11. Only if you're a supporting member. :)

I like my Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver, but have seriously been thinking of going with a VT instead.