Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

which bass(es) would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Sep 13, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hope this is not spam, if it is i will be glad to remove it.
    we are looking for a new line to add to our roster and i would love to know from you guys which bass, aside from what we currently carry, you would like to see offered.
    Let's have it !

2. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    Brownes and/or Huffs.

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Dingwall :)

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Some of my personal favs:

FBB, CB, Huff, Benavente.

5. Metro

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i'd love to ,but not an option- only available to "brick and mortar" dealers.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    certainly a contender, but i wonder how many are afraid of the fanned fretboard... we have spoken before, though..
    thanks for the feedback, fellas..keep them coming!- A

8. the more the merrier mate ;)

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    +1

Or BassLab... something different is what you need

Too bad Wish is his own online dealer! ;)

10. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    +2

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Elrick. Definitely Elrick.

12. Huff, if you want a smaller builder who produces exceptional stuff. Benavente would be a good idea too.

13. how about an "access bass jazz model" from usacg. i could design a headstock and logo for ya! ;)

14. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    JP
    Marchlewski
    Marleaux

15. I would love to see Cles Les Pools Rainbow Bass
    Just thinking about it gives me G.A.S.

16. Blademaster Dez

Blademaster Dez

May 12, 2004
    ASIDE: I was perusing this thread to try and educate myself on bass makers I didn't know about and decided to check out BassLab's site. Those sound samples really surprised me. I expected a full composite bass to sound kinda cold and sterile (sound qualities I kinda like in composites) but the basses were really warm sounding. The STD's bodies looked hot too- kinda like an Ergodyne and a Kubicki taken to the next level.

But to contribute to the thread, I think more places should think about dealing in Dingwalls. I do think fanned-frets will find their way deeper into the mainstream with time. I'm itching to try out a fanned-fret bass (i.e. Dingwall) since like any ERB player, I'm always looking for the holy grail of low B. I'm lucky that currently I live only about 20-25 minutes from a music store in NJ that deals Dingwalls...but as I'm a starving graduate student right now, time for studying and money to defray tuition fees take precedence over bass and bass GAS.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :confused:

You heard him, Adrian go steal...um..."Cles Les Pool's"...bass and sell it.

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey adrian, you have pm. :)

19. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea Ken Lawrence would be SWEET!!!

Can I vote twice (or three times???) :hyper:

20. Blademaster Dez

Blademaster Dez

May 12, 2004
    You *do* realize when he asked "what bass(es) would you like to see" Adrian was asking what brands of basses we'd like to see in his store. Not what instruments do we dream of seeing, period. If that were the case, I'd want to see Jimi Hendrix famous Stratocaster before it was torched.

But isn't Carl Thompson (the guy who made Claypool's basses) not making basses any more? I can't remember... But if that's the case, then sorry pal, no Carl Thompsons in the store.