Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHICH BASS for 300?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by British Gas, May 1, 2003.

1. Hi,
    Here's the deal; I am going to get about 300 pounds in October and I don't know which bass to go for. I was thinking of a Dean but if you have any recommendations please suggest some, with a web ad. if possible,

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    there are ,any topics here relating to cheap basses , do a little research and you will see that there are numerous opinions,facts and technical info on all of the basses in that or any other price range avalibile
    good luck:bassist:

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Get a used Ibanez ATK300 or 305. Every time I pick mine up and play it, I become more and more enamored with it. There so many tonal possibilities and it plays like a dream.

For that price, I don't think it can be beat, especially for an active bass.

4. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    deans are very good basses. ive just today added one to my arsenal, a fretless which i bought over a warwick thumb fretless. thequality is as good as any fender jazz ive played and have a good sound. shop around see what you like

5. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    yamaha. end of story!