Which bass for christmas?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wildbillmusiccr, Sep 13, 2004.

1. wildbillmusiccr

Sep 13, 2004
    Hello all, new user/player here.

Im looking to buy a 5 string bass, i love the sound of the IBANEZ K5, i want it so bad, but its too much. I dont get how basses work, but i do know i want an ibanez model. Is there a cheaper alternative to the k5 5 string in the ibanez series? Or maybee there is another make like this one? thanks all
  2. If one of you bash,ima beat you up.

It all depends on what type of tone/feel you're going for. Personally,I think you should take the long amount of time you have(its still summer) and shop around and check out different basses,etc. Who knows,you might find something better than the K5 for cheaper...

anyways,g'luck on whatever you get.
  3. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    maybe secondhand k5 5 string ibanez series :p
  4. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Plenty. Check Evilbay for a heads up on 2nd hand prices for Ibanez 5 strings. Good luck.
  5. Char-Lee

Aug 29, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    I think a comparible bass by Ibanez to the K5 would have to be the SR505. Its a great bass and its about $200 cheaper I think it sells for $559. Bartolini Pickups, great wood, you can't go wrong with this one. of couse check out Ibanez's website
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Have a look at the Ibanez SRX505 there amazing basses for the money, also the G&L tributes are fantastic.

Neither of the above basses have that nasty K5 inlay as well.

There are quite a few good five strings for around the price of a K5

Yamaha BB605
    G&L Tribute L2500
    Ibanez SRX505
    MTD Kingston
    Ernie Ball SUB 5

Just to name a few good luck hope this helps.
  7. if you like the Fieldy Sig then you can get some great deals on them if you look around on ebay. another great bass very similar to the Fieldy Sig is the SR30005 and you can find some great deals on those too.

I bought my used peavey cirrus 5 for less then a new Fieldy sig, so there are some great opportunities out there you just have to look around.
  8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I play in my church chior and every Christmas I have to decide whether to play my green bass or one of my red ones. :) :bassist: