Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Which Bass Is Best" threads

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Jan 10, 2002.

1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There have been quite a few threads lately asking which bass is best. From now on, please refrain from posting threads like this.

For one, you are going to get different answers from everyone. I will tell you that the Peavey Cirrus is the best, because I have one. Or that a Modulus Quantum is the best, because I really want one, and think that they are the best basses, FOR ME. Mr. Dead will vote for Spectors, JT will vote for Conklins, and so on and so forth.

If you want to know specifics about which bass can nail a tone better than the other, or which bass balances better, or any other SPECIFIC comparison between 2 or more basses, that is great. Feel free to post threads like that. Just don't post a thread simply asking "Which bass do you guys think is best?" It is a rather pointless topic, it's been done WAY too many times, and these threads will be closed down in the future.

And also, use the Search button, located at the top of the screen. There are loads of information available already, you just have to take the time to look.;)

Ryan

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    My bass is better than yours, Ryan! ;) :D

I agree, though... Those threads are certainly trivial, and can easily turn into a pissing contest.

3. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    You're absolutely right. The best bass is the one YOU think is best for YOU!
    Easy enough!

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    that is right, beefbass. That is why these threads are so pointless.

oh, and Crawling Eye, everybody knows that your bass sucks and mine rules.:D :p

*quick looks at Crawling Eye's profile because he forgot what Crawling Eye even plays*;)

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    What're you talking about?! :D

Everyone knows my bass is the best! :D

6. Words of wisdom.
    The more duplicated threads we create, the more bandwidth we use up, and the more $ it costs. So, we need more supporting members.

Looks around to see if anyone realises I'm not a supporting member :D

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my basses could beat up all your basses together with 2 strings tied behind their necks. :D

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Your basses suck.:D

And dancehallclasher's favorite band sucks too.:p

9. What if my bass has stealth strings? Ah-ha! Your bass wouldn't know what hit it!:p

10. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    JT, Now look what you've done... My basses are cowering over in the corner :(

11. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Unless this thread is bumped until the sun goes supernova (or Armageddon etc) new members will be asking bestbass questions blissfully unaware how tiring it is to some TBers.

My suggestion is to post a FAQ type must read thread and float it at the top. I suggested that a certain moderator do this with threads entitled 'metronomes, fretless, multistringers and dogma' and look what happened to him.

I personally like posting "Musicman Stingray 5" every other day.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's all your fault then!! :mad:

I hate em' and every time I come here, all I see are threads about these! ;)

13. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    LOL

Click your heels 3 times and say TOBIAS!!!

14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    :oops: I am hurt I love mY Ray 5.. and it is bestest bass in the whole wide world :) the whole entire world even :D.... But don't tell anyone. if the secret gets out.. I might have trouble on my hands.

15. We all know that the best bass is of the DB form and not EB anyway. You all lose.:D

16. Ok, but there is still one thing I don't understand.

Which bass IS the best?

Just kidding..............

17. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

In an effort to finally "put to rest" the age old argument over which bass is best, our company, Better Bass Designs has come out with a revolutionary new line of basses.

The "Best Bass", is available in 4, 5, and 6 string versions. a fretless version of the "Best Bass" will be available in March. A limited edition "John Turner" triple neck 27 string is also planned for later this year.

These models are positioned to round out our entire line of basses including the "Better Than Yours", "Yours Sux" and the "fIElDy rULeS" Click Bass.

Stop by our booth at NAMM or at a Best Western Hotel near you. and remember... now you can proudly boast to everyone that you indeed play the "Best Bass".

END OF OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

18. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    You are of course wrong. I have a mint Pre-fgenius B bass in sunburst. The new ones suck.

19. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    It may be hard, but resist the urge to think your bass is best.
    Just accept that my bass is better than yours.

...as for you, JT?!
    Pshhh, my bass could take yours without a volume knob!

:D :p ;) :D

20. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Silence dudes !!
    Every one that all your basses suck !!

The ONLY Best one is my Fender stratocaster !!

:D

Just jokking ! Fender MIM Delux JBass rocks