1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which bass is in your bag today?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beano_z, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Hi all,

It's holiday in China, so out of pure boredom I decided to start this thread, searched for a similar one, but the last post was almost 10 years ago, so I figured a new one may be in order.

Failing to get the whole band together for rehearsal, me and the lead guitar / singer would get together this afternoon to practice on some details and vocals for some of our songs. I'll just go over to his place so I'm bringing my 'couch' bass (strung with chrome's nevertheless:smug:), tiny practice amp and a 3ft lead, he'll be using his acoustic or a very small practice amp as well.

Other than the usual keys, mobile phones, iPad and coffee money, I didn't bother bringing anything else. The amp's got a built in tuner and simple drum machine which is very convenient.

So I'm just curious, what's in your bag today before leaving the house? You know the rules, no pictures, no bag, no bass, no jammin'...:bassist:

attachment.

Attached Files:

2. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    I can't post pics right now, sorry. I've been taking my 1978 Gibson RD Artist in tobaccoburst lately because I like the earth-shaking lows from the humbuckers & my Boss Equalizer GE-B7. Incidently I've been to Hong Kong 3 times and loved it! I used to ride the Star Ferry and go to Kowloon island alot. Hong Kong is my favorite city in the world. Really dig the hello kitty thing- keep on rockin!

3. --Vissinger --

--Vissinger --

Jan 31, 2010
    stupid holiday in China .. the QA guys won't respond to email.

ok -- it's a '78 Pbass

4. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I've been leaving my Kingman at the office. It has nylons on it now and it has a built in tuner so I just leave it on a stand and play it during lunch. Pretty cool, plus I'm not bothering anyone.

5. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Don't use a gig bag. Only hard shell cases for me. Right now I have a Gibson Midtown on a stand in my living room and a Markbass CMD 112p amp in the corner.

6. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Can't keep my hands (or ears) off of this one...

Jim's%20CS%20Jazz%20relic_2.

7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Happy National Day Golden Week holiday, Beano_Z!!!!

forgot the list—besides Jazz relic above...

wallet, keys, glasses, iphone, Korg OT120 tuner, 2 straps, small flashlight, 2 small screwdrivers (flat & phillips), small needle nose pliers/wire-cutters, 3 cables (short, medium, long), set of new strings, 4 AAA & 2 AA batteries, one or two 9 volts, 2 fuses for Mesa M9.

Then there is the current rig:
    fEARful 15/6/1, Mesa M9 Carbine head, power cables, extension cord, two speak-ons, two speak-on adapters, small LLBean shoulder bag with music/charts, stand light, a spare GK MB800, drum key, power strip, random fuses, tape, Swiss army knife, small towel, spare flashlight, lighter.

Mannhassett music stand, mic, cable, mic stand and DI live in the vehicle. I might take a hand truck and another instrument. If upright comes along, it gets more complicated. I drive to everything in a 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring, so I guess that is a big part of my gear, too!

8. tonybassman

tonybassman

Jul 27, 2011
    You guys are doing it wrong, let me demonstrate.

Open mic night jam:
    29f6nnn.

9. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1380872224.778542.
    Skjold Catacomb bass strung E to C with TI flats.
    For small/rehearsal
    Aguilar TH 350 and Crazy 88 cab

10. That's so cool, always wanted to have an instrument in my office as well.

This thing seems to be extremely reasonably priced, almost got one the other day, but it stands no chance of competing against an OOO28 acoustically :bawl:, I guess the only choice for that would be a double bass...

11. beobass

beobass

Nov 26, 2005
    CT
    The only one I own ;-)

12. Not even for regular practice? May I know why?

I still find carrying a case extremely cumbersome. Unless someone else is handling my instruments (loading, unloading, or storage in shared spaces), I tend to use gigbags exclusively.

13. Wow...that's a lot of stuff to haul, you even have a drum key!

I can't load the picture of your bass, though I'd love to see it, didn't even know the custom shop made this model!

14. That's what I'm talking about!!

How does the TASCAM recorder work for you? Do you think the recorded quality is good enough to record some samples with? Like samples which I can hand to possible venues for our band to play in.

15. OMG, if I were at a gig of your I wouldn't be looking at anything else than that bass, don't you get complaints from other band members because they don't receive any attention??:ninja:

16. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Tonight at rehearsal, it was a Steinberger L2 with Alembic pickups & onboard filter and an early XL2 all stock. Tomorrow & Saturday will probably one Steiny and my Candy Apple red '65 P-bass.

17. Now I see this picture, OMG...drool...:hyper:

18. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

Mar 11, 2013
    Kent, United Kingdom
    Beano, you're the guy that bought the Blackberry Z10?!

No gigs lined up sadly but it really would just be my Rockbass Streamer, a DI box and a couple of cables.

19. So we're referring to "THE" Z10 now?:D

Nah, my business partner bought it, I don't know why and the other day, I was telling him I needed another blackberry for another E-Mail account and phone number, so he said why don't you take mine, it's a Q10, I thought OK, Q10, why not? Then after our IT guys had set everything up, I got it and it turned out to be this one...:bawl:

DI, so you guys have your own PA system?

20. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    No pics at the moment, but here's the plan:

I've been using an Incase DUB bag for a few months now, and really like it... My current gig has me bring a 4 string and a 5 string, so the DUB works out great...

Tonight's show is in a smallish venue, so I'll bring a pair of workhorses: '09 Highway One P Bass, '03 Music Man SUB5...

Tomorrow's surroundings are a bit more upscale, so I'm thinking '08 MIA Hot Rod Jazz, and '10 EBMM Sterling 5 HS...

My amp stuff is in the band trailer, but I'll be using a Streamliner 900, Mesa PH215, XDS-PLUS wireless, Pitchblack tuner, and Sennheiser e935 mic...

- georgestrings