1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

which bass should i buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by akashddoshi, Mar 23, 2010.

1. akashddoshi

akashddoshi

Dec 21, 2009
    Which bass should i buy??
    Should i buy:
    1.squier vintage modified jazz bass
    2.ibanez btb200
    3.ibanez sr300
    4.esp b154dx
    5.warwick rockbass streamer std 4
    6.cort evl z4b
    I mainly play metalcore and thrash metal (megadeth, trivium, lamb of god, iron maiden. . . . .) and i also cover rock bands like 'muse'

2. I am going to say something with dual pickups , and active.

Or a P bass :)

3. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    uh, warwick, duh.

4. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Actually, try out basses, and get the one that you like best.
    duh.

5. Id Say Esp Or One Of The Ibanezs. :). WHOOOOO MEGADETH!!!!!

6. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    squier vm- best kept secret...

7. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I am looking toward the Amer. P bass with active pick-ups ( $1200)..

8. ESP for sure.

9. Metalfunkhead22

Metalfunkhead22

Mar 20, 2010
    I would say that its your choice really you're going to get answer here that people will say is the best but really you need to go and try them out and what ever suits you best.

But in this case don't get the jazz bass for metal just can't get the sound you look for in metal with that type espcialy a squier if your looking within the price of warwick but want the style of fender/squier go with fender not squier you'll get better quality trust me.

Ibanez is a really good company though there SGR models are awsome one of my teachers had one and i loved playing it so much.

Warwicks are the best basses out there, made by germans and they are perfectionist at anything so you'll get really good quality. BUT not alot people like them because of their weight of they are pretty bulky and heavy, also the necks on them are a pretty wide and people that have tiny hands have some trouble but other than that they make perfect basses for any style of music, sound, tone you want without having to use pedals.

Dont know much about ESP never really tried one of those before but dont risk it ESP is kinda looks overs quality they want to lure metal heads in with their catchy styling but don't be fooled.

Ibanez or Warwick most comfortable ones that feel right in your hands and to your ears.

10. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    I'd say ibanez sr! But you're much better of with the sr500. It has a much better preamp and pickups. It's better to invest a little more if you want to keep it for some time without having to buy a new one. I'm not dissing the cheaper ibanez'es, but the 500$'s are way better.

11. Any Ibanez. Of Course I'm heavily biased..

12. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    4 of the 5 band names you mentioned play ''Fender-style basses'' (meaning P and J pickups). Please correct me if I am wrong. Because of that and because I think they are awesome I would suggest (from your list) the Squier VM Jazz. IMO the Squier Classic Vibe Jazz wins on looks and has the same quality. You might consider some kind of bass with a PJ configuration too (like a Yamaha BB).

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    doesn't matter in the least. get what you want.

14. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    SOMETHING THAT GOES SLAPPITY SLAP SLAP SLAP LIKE FLEA!!!! :D:D:D

15. i believe something with a hot output and the rest is your choice: feel, sound, playability.

i say the SRX series of ibanez (if u want to be in your price range) or a used Yamaha BB.

oh yeah, the Rockbass is not warwick...

16. Shmone

Shmone

Feb 16, 2009
    Israel
    Hmm, he's talking about the rockbass version which means its made in china not germany
    and from what I understood, the Streamer STD is quite mellow compared to other Wicks (never tried one though).
    If you do go for the wick I can tell you that the quality will be amazing but only you can decide what will be good for you,
    just go and check them out:smug:

17. It's been said... but buy what feels and sounds the best for you. Intruments are a very personal choice.

Just don't be a brand junkie...

Happy shopping!

18. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Of the choices you listed my personal choice would be the Warwick. Your best bet though is to play them all and see which one speaks to you the most. I think the new squiers are awesome (I own 2), I played an sr300 for the first time last week and have to say I was pretty astounded at the feel and versatility of it (and I previously hated ibanezes), and I owned a couple of corts that I wasn't all that crazy about. never played an esp and don't know nuthin about about a btb. sounds like a song...

19. I really have to dissagree. If you haven't had an esp before you can't really comment on the quality. I own one and it is an amazing bass I also know a lot of other people that are really happy with their ESP. Every company has an occasional 'lemon' bass come out of the factory. I've seen it with MIA fenders MIM fenders, higher end Yamaha and Ibanez to name a few. A LOT of people use ESP's and I don't think this would be the case if they had quality issues.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020