Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which bass should I get?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dichiee, Mar 8, 2005.

1. dichiee

dichiee

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm debating on this 2 basses right now.

Ibanez SR505 and Warwick RockBass Fortress 5 string.

Which of these two will you recommend. (Please don't tell me to spend more and get a different kind. Let's stick to this 2 ) ;)

Thanks,
    Archie

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Buy the Warwick...forget the Ibeenhad...

3. Im not a big fan on Warwick but id definately suggest that over the Ibanez!!!

4. dichiee

dichiee

Mar 8, 2005
    TTT

5. XtromatriX

XtromatriX

Dec 18, 2004
    MD
    I would sugest that you get the one that sounds and feels best to you. I just got the Ibanez SR505 and it's a very good bass. It wasn't my first choice I had my heart set on the Peavey Grind but the music store where I got my Grind 4 NTB didn't have any more of them in the 5 string so I went to another store to check out the SR 505. I didn't like the action at first (to high) but I had the store tec, do a setup for me and that made all the difference in the world. I'm not saying that it's the bass for you but, all I'm saying is try them both out and get the one you know you'll feel like playing on the most.

6. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Neither, but that's just me. If I had to get one of these, I'd go Ibanez. I'm not a Warwick fan AT ALL, so can't imagine what the Rockbass would be like. There are much better entry level 5s IMHO...

But I won't go there since you asked me not to. :ninja:

7. Spend more and get a different kind. :bag:

It had to be said.

THAT being said, I don't know either one, but go with what XtromatriX said. Find the one that sounds the best and feels the best to you. Are they both in the same store? If so, then play them both through the same amp, . . . . then choose. . . . . . . But choose wisely! :smug:

8. Winemule

Winemule Guest

Feb 27, 2005
    True yesterday, true today, true tomorrow.

9. I have a 2003 SR505 and it's a good bass. I have some issues with my B ratttling even after working on the set up but most 34" scale 5'rs are prone to this. Especially in this price range. I also think you should go with the one that feels and sounds best to you.

10. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I'm also part of the try both and see which one feels/sounds better to you camp.

But even if you've narrowed down your choices, realize that there are some terrific 5ers out there in that price range that may be worth trying out in addition to the Ibanez and RockBass. The MTD Kingston or Heir 5 come to mind, as does the Peavey Fury.