Which bass should i get?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by woodyTUH, May 18, 2007.

1. yo, I'm thinking of pickin up a new bass in the next few months.

But problem is i'm not sure which to get.

I currently play a Warwick corvette 5 string. Which i love dearly, but i want somethin else.

I've been getting more into stingrays recently but since i've never played one, im not sure on it. I tried the OLP versions and found the pickup position slightly uncomfy for using my fingers, good with a pick i felt.
    I also have started to like fenders again, or rather jazzes. But i've always felt they look odd on me (i know. .vain.. :p) but i really like the tone.
    Another option i was gonna go for was a warwick thumb. But i've heard it neckdives like hell.

i like a bassy/midrangey sound (kinda like a rock vibe). I've heard them all being played before and i really love the tone from all. But i'm at a loss to what to go for.

or does anyone have any other idea what bass might suit?

cheers for any help

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021